NCSPP 2015 Mid-Winter Conference
Positioning Professional Psychology in Today’s Healthcare:
Ensuring Our Graduates’ Relevance
January 19-24, 2015
San Diego, California
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) and other changes to the healthcare system have produced a changing, and to an extent, uncertain healthcare landscape. How are we positioning our students to work within this dynamic, and for some, unfamiliar healthcare system? The NCSPP 2015 Mid-Winter Conference will address ways to advance education and training to ensure our graduates have the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to be an integral part of today’s healthcare. The conference will focus on the following goals:
- To understand the impact of the Affordable Care Act on the present and future of psychologists.
- To understand what it will mean for our programs to educate and train “Health Service Psychologists”.
- To articulate our roles and responsibilities in addressing health disparities and the needs of the newly insured.
- To evaluate strengths of and areas of opportunity for graduate program health curricula.
- To identify internship experiences that can more effectively prepare students.
- To understand where the jobs are and will be for psychology graduates.
- To consider what additional competencies and methods of assessment are needed for a variety of healthcare environments.